03 September, 2013

MY LIFE NEEDED A NEW DIRECTION ... SO I CHOSE QUILTING

When life throws you a few nasty curve-balls, and you need to find a new interest (and friends), try quilting!  Definitely not cheap, but extremely rewarding and the women are so much fun - all in all very therapeutic.

Here's some of what I've been up to ...

English paper-piecing is something I never thought I'd do as it is all hand-sewing, but I couldn't face crocheting another to keep my fingers busy when I was out and about or couldn't use my sewing machine, so when I saw the "This Goes With That" pattern by Sue Daly of Patchwork With Busy Fingers I got over my revulsion for hexagons and have been enjoying this for a couple of years now:

Here is one person's interpretation of the pattern:
http://qfdcreative.com.au/blog/this-goes-with-that-and-the-fussy-cut-club-block-of-the-mont.html


And here is the original pattern from Sue Daley:
http://www.busyfingerspatchwork.com/shop/product/this-goes-with-that-quilt/


And here is what I've done so far (actually I've done a whole lot more, I just haven't photographed them yet):











2 comments:

ozjane said...

And life will never be the same again.....LOL. Glenice as OzJane my blog identity

Marina said...

He he he, you're right. It certainly made the transition from what had consumed my life at the time (homeschooling) a whole lot less painful.